May 2, 2012

Ambitions and Payoffs

Insecure Writers Support Group meets the first Wednesday of every month. Hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh. Sign up and join us.

Have you heard I'm launching the first story in my new series next week? Only a few days left. You can still sign up to help HERE.

I was really nervous about taking that step and asking for help. I really didn't expect 50 people to sign up and be so supportive. You all rock on a big, huge, awesome scale. And another 18 awesome folks will host me on their blogs in the coming weeks. So no break after AtoZ for me. Maybe I can take a few days later in June. Probably not. I'll be getting ready to get the sequel published.

Then comes series two. I worry about getting that all done before the end of the year. I'm sure I will get it's first story out this fall. Not so sure about the novel. It'll be a lot of work to take the first draft to polished draft. I'll do my best.

It's exciting, but kind of crazy.

I was in the local papers a lot the past few weeks. I gave the presentation at Central Oregon Writers Guild's meeting last Thursday night. If your ears were ringing, it's because I mentioned a number of you as examples of creating successful platforms. I taught author's platform and building a blog. About 30ish folks showed up. A few drove long distances just to see me. So, they said. That was very flattering. The presentation went really well. I'd had lots of people asking me about blogging the last few months, so I asked to take over a meeting and share my knowledge.



Several people said they saw me in their paper. Cool.

Then Google alerts sent this to my inbox the other day, saying Plantgirl is recommended Nook reading. Cool again. HERE

It's anthills in my push to make a splash in the writing world. But they're nice. Keep on pushing. Keep on working. Payoffs eventually come. Small ones will lead to bigger ones. All we have to do is keep working and not give up.

Have you made any splashes lately?

PS, I'm taking the rest of this week off from blogging. I will be around visiting all of you, and I will be loading up posts and writing posts for The Backworlds Tour. Just going to stay quiet until next Monday. You can find the Tour Schedule HERE.